Solicitation in Bradford Hills

Do you want to reduce the number of solicitors at your home?

Resident Owners or Lawful Occupants

If you are an owner or lawful occupant of any residence within the area of the metropolitan government, you may register the address online by completing the form below.

The Metro list of no knock residences will be updated every thirty days.

*Each residential address will remain on the Metro list until the address expires 365 days from the date it is submitted.  After 365 days, the owner or lawful occupant must re-submit the address to the Metropolitan Clerk’s website in order to be placed back on the no solicitation list.*

Register Your Address at

Solicitation Permit holders are under a duty to check the No Solicitation List before soliciting and continuously thereafter.

Citizens Rights

  • You have the right to ask a solicitor for their identification badge.
  • An owner or lawful occupant may register their property for the “no knock” list. The address will be on the registry for 365 days.
  • You may post a “No Trespassing” or “No Solicitation” sign which is visible at your residence which prohibits all door-to-door solicitation whether they have a permit or not.
  • No action by a citizen (i.e. not registering or no signage) will result in door-to-door commercial solicitation by permitted solicitors.

Solicitation Permits

In Davidson County, any company conducting residential door-to-door solicitation of any goods, wares, merchandise, or services must first apply for a solicitation permit with the Metropolitan Clerk’s Office. These permits are valid for two years.

The complete Metro Code can be viewed here: Metropolitan Code §6.64

Davidson County Solicitation Permit Badge

Who is exempt?

  • Charitable organizations
  • Books sales or other expressive works
  • Newspaper or magazine subscriptions

Property and Lot Maintenance

“… It is the responsibility of the homeowner to maintain the seeding, mowing and watering of all lawns and shrubbery, the cutting and pruning of all trees and shrubbery and keep his or her lot and the structure thereon in good order and repair, including but not limited the above lawn maintenance, being free of rubbish, and painting of the structure all in a manner and with such frequency as is consisting with good property management.  If this is not done, the Homeowners’ Association has the right to perform these services and place a lien on the property to insure payment.”

CCRs, Article VI – Additional Restrictions, Section 5 – filed 03-21-1990

Architectural Control

No building, fence, wall, or other structure shall be commenced, erected, or maintained upon the Properties, nor shall any exterior addition to or change or alteration therein by made until the plans and specifications showing the nature, kind, shape, height, materials, and location of the same shall have been submitted to and approved in writing as to harmony of external design and location in relation to surrounding structures and topography by the Board of Directors of the Association, or by an architectural committee composed of three (3) or more representatives appointed by the Board.  In the event said Board, or its designated committee, fails to approve or disapprove such design and location within thirty (30) days after said plans and specifications have been submitted to it, approval will not be required and this article will be deemed to have been fully complied with.”

CCRs, Article V – Architectural Control;  filed 03-21-1990



Fine Policy (effective 08-01-2009)

Type I Violations , Section B – Signs

“Unless otherwise specifically allowed in these restrictions, no sign of any kind shall be displayed to the public view on any lot except one (1) sign of not more than five (5) square feet advertising the property for sale or rent.  Signs used by a builder or developer to advertise the property during the construction or sales period are allowed and may be up to 12 square feet in size.”

Pets and Animals

Pets and Animals:

CCRs; Article VI; Sec 3

“No animals shall be raised, bred, or kept on any lot, except that dogs, cats and other household pets may be kept inside.  At no time shall pets be allowed to roam freely into someone else’s yard or be allowed to disturb neighbors by barking or other load noises.”

New Search Capability

In the coming weeks and months, we will be adding a new search capability to our legal documents and neighborhood rules to enable property owners and residents to more easily find applicable sections that may help plan changes to or uses of your property.  This will include searches for topics such as:  fences, additions and updates to exterior portions of your home, signs, parking, solicitation, traffic, storm water, and more.  If you have a category that you will like us to help gather the relevant existing rules, please send an email to < Board [at] Bradford Hills Homes [dot] com.  Once our CONTACT PAGE is functioning correctly, you will be able to use that for all contact with your Board.

Architectural Review Request Application

For all exterior projects planned for your property, an Architectural Review is required IN ADVANCE of the project start.  Please complete the one-page application, obtain all required neighbor signatures, attach all relevant information (site plan, elevation plans, photographs, drawings) and submit IN ADVANCE to obtain HOA approval (or disapproval).

Download a copy of the Architectural Review Application
in .pdf format by clicking here =>  BH_Architectural_Review_Appl_REV_2014-05-31

BHHOA Fine Policy

BHHOA Fine Policy
effective August 1, 2009
chick here to download as .pdf file => BHHOA FINE POLICY 2013